if you have been hurt would u tell them?

i've been hurt by a lot of people and today i feel like letting some of them reallyknow the truth about how I feel about them. Most things have happened in the past do you think I should still tell them how I feel about a certain situation?

Right now I am under a lot of stress and I ant to release it somehow.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 2:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Ys if you feel strong enough to talk to them now dont ignore it, you might not get it again... Both sides need a chance to clear the air about their feelings...Good luck
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• yes!!! I would!!! It still really bothers u and stresses u,let them know!!!! If they say "I dinot not know it bothered or hurt u or that was long ago why r u bringing it up now"? I would say"It bothers me and it hurts me and I need to go off on the ones who hurt me to feel beter and get on with my life"!!! "That is why"!!!! Let me know how it turns out! U go girl!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yup, get it all out. I usually write it all down so I don't forget something

Answer by admckenzie at 2:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have been holding sh*t in because a lot of the time I was afraid the person would do soething worse to me. Like I lived with someone and I was stressed. I wanted to say how I really felt but didnt want to get kicked out so i just took the abuse. :(....I'm really a strong person but since having a kid I feel weaker sometimes.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Sometimes I write stuff down when I'm upset, and save the email until I'm feeling more clear headed to decide if I really want to send it., because there have been soooo many times I've said stupid stuff when I was upset and it all came out wrong and wasn't constructive at all. So get it out now for your own sake, and then decide later whether it will help, that's my suggestion, hope you feel better :)
    Anonymous

• People always need to be held accountable for their actions.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 2:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Keep it to yourself or get a therapist.

Other people do not need to know, this long after anything happened, about anything they can't do anything at all about. What would be the point?

Oh, right. I know: vengeance.

The problem with 'getting them back' is that it never hurts them as much as we think we've been hurt --and it does damage to our self esteem. However hard it might be to know you're a victim (especially when you keep going back for more), it's much harder to know you're a perpetrator... and while you're enjoying your revenge, you know it's unnecessarily cruel and helps nothing.

What you need to do is discover what you've done, chosen and participated fully in what hurt you. Then you can forgive yourself, which matters much more than how you ever feel about them. And when you forgive yourself, you can move on and fail to continue making the same choices that result in so much pain.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• @ LindaClement...what? She didn't mention vengence, you're reading things into her post that aren't there.
    Anonymous

• yeah ...I'm only mad about a "friend" that after moving me in said i had to go. I had a hard time finding a place because my income is so low (not her fault but she knew it) and had to not pay her for the last month of staying there because I needed that money to move. She wouldnt work with me on anything and I couldnt be homeless because she was mad. she called me a bunch of mean/evil names but at the end of the day she had a home with a husband I am a single motehr trying to make it. I was hurt because I thought she was my friend but didnt help me just hurt me more. When I went back for the last two things I had her husband kept my fan saying we are keepig it because you owe us money. I like whatever. They are living good. she promised she would help me when I moved in but when i would ask for a ride to the store (even had gas money prepared) she acted like I was nothing. I just felt alone she really hurt me.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• not best idea to tell all when you are stressed
    if you want to talk about past-fine, but wait until you are more level headed
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010