I have PPD

I feel so sad all the time for no reason, to the point where my body aches, I've got bad anxiety and some irrational fears, and a sort of disbelief that my 3 month old son is my son. I feel like I am a crap mother and don't deserve my beautiful son, I look at him and cry and feel like I'm missing him growing up, everything looks and feels different to me, and I feel like I'm just here but not really HERE! Has anyone else been in this situation? If so, are the feelings that I'm having normal for PPD? Ive, just started taking zoloft, has anyone else here had to do that? Will I ever feel normal again? Will the Zoloft help? Will I ever feel like my son is my son?

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 2:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had a bad anxiety problem after having my son... it was horrible, I was having a 24/7 panic attack, I was put on Paxil for about 3 months and then weaned myself off of it... I still with it today (my son is now 18 months) but I've learned to talk myself out of my anxiety attcks and make sure I take time to myself every week... You're a great mother, this will pass... call a friend or family member, pray ( if you're religious), read or do something to distract you. You will make it, and if you need to talk you can always message me... GL momma!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• You just described me, when my son was 6 weeks old, perfectly!

I know, it is a terrible feeling. I felt exactly that way after my (now 4 month old) son was born. I felt TERRIBLE... it was awful! You WILL get through this. I am on Zoloft too, have been for a bit and it has helped so much. Just keep in touch with your Dr. and let them now if your feelings change, don't quit 'cold turkey', remember what you are feeling is normal and love that baby :)

If you need to talk msg me, i have been there.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 3:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• hey i was totally there also. it sucks.. i went on lexapro and it has helped alot.. stay on your meds it will get better. i dont even remeber my first 3 months. and it felt like its not yours but soon these feelings will pass.
    jomama2467

Answer by jomama2467 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010