? About Nap Time

I tend to be a worry wart when it comes to my 6 month old Izabella and sleeping, I guess its the SIDS scare you read in every magazine. I check on her like every 5 mins. My husband says i'm worrying too much. What is a good balance to check on her and yet not make it so over obsessive?

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 2:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use a baby monitor, you will be able to hear her breath without having to check on her constantly.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• A 6 month old's SIDS risk, while still there, is not very high at all. You can probably stop checking in on her altogether and she would be just fine. In fact, she will probably sleep better without you going in and out.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Babies between 2 and 4 months old are most at risk, and 90 percent of SIDS cases are in babies under the age of 6 months. Get a monitor and feel better knowing you are outside of the high SIDS risk window. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Thank you for all the advice, I feel alot better about the situation all together :)
    IzysMomma

Comment by IzysMomma (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• One of the families I sit for has a camera in the baby's room. They can see every move in a hand held device without going in there.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010