I think my 3 week old is getting sick...

He has a little cough and is fussy all the time. Hardly anything calms him (and this is not like him at all). He isnt running a temperature or anything though. So if he is getting sick what can I give him.

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tylenol is safe my daughter got a ear infection and cold when she was 4 weeks and her dr told me to use is for her ear pain and to help her relax so she could rest, it is safe to use even though he is that small, just be sure not to give him to much.
    ArmyWife-of-2

Answer by ArmyWife-of-2 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• A doctor's appointment. A baby that small is at real risk from any kind of illness.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• YOU CAN NOT GIVE A BABY ANYTHING! I think up until they are 3 yrs old. If you are concerned call the after hours # or take a trip to the childrens hospital ER .
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• 3 weeks is too young for anything but tylenol unless it's prescribed by your pediatrician. Try a cool mist humidifier or sit with him in the bathroom with a hot shower running for 15-20 minutes. GL!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have called the doctor and he has an appointment set already but it just seems to be getting worse. And the doctor said to give him Tylenol but I am scared to give medicine to him because he is so young.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010