pack up everything and just leave

do you know anyone who just took all there things and moved away with no plans and survived it ????(i mean has a house now and a job a good life)

kiya_ma

Asked by kiya_ma at 3:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• i was in a pretty bad relationship when my son was less than a year old, I was left with 2 choices stay or move on. I took what i could in my car when his dad wasnt home and left I stayed in extended stays and different hotels for about 2months before I finally came across a agency that helped single women in domestic situations. They helped me get an apartment I got me a good job makin 38,000 a year. Now 2 years later Im engaged with a beautiful house, and my kids. Yes the economy is bad theres no promise everyone will be as fortunate as me but through everything I went through I had determination. There were times when Id sit and cry and wonder 'what next' but God made a way for me and I made it through all that to sit and talk about it today.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 9:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• if you and your kids are in an unhealthy place or even dangerous
    anything is possible and will be done

no abuse is worth it= does not matter how nice the house or how much money is at stake
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My mom's ex husband did that to her CREEP!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We kind of did that. We lived our first 30 years in our hometown, decided we wanted to try something new... gave ourselves one month to get things together and just moved. We packed up our entire household, even left our house in the care of the Realtor. We didn't even have jobs. It was actually a lot of fun and I am here to say, 17 years later, we are still here!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If you have a house, a job, and a "good life" ... what would be the purpose? Is it to seek an even better life? Sure, you could do that. I'm not sure why you'd do that with "no plans" though ... it certainly doesn't sound like the best way to make a move.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• no i meant after they moved the now have a good life
    kiya_ma

Comment by kiya_ma (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I've never heard of anyone doing this. In today's economy, if you move without first having a job and housing lined up, you could end up homeless.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Talk to immigrants. You're bound to find a few.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010