i had a csection a wk and half ago and today I keep crying and even looking at baby can this be postpartum depression?

My mom came over for the past 4 days to help and everything is great, but today she have to go home and come back on friday. Ever since then I can't stop crying. Even when I look at my beautiful baby I will burst out crying. Is this normal or is this PPD or something else?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it definitely is. See if you can have someone come over or at least talk to you on the phone. I went through the same thing.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It could be PPD or even just your bodys hormones getting back to normal. Give it some time and if u done feel better by your 6 week check up let your Dr know
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 3:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Could be the baby blues which is common, it doesn't sound like full blown PPD if you are just crying a lot.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It could be PDD it could be you feeling over whelmed and a little nervous about taking over on your own. Give it some time. Stay calm. Remember she is only a phone call away. You will be JUST FINE. If these feeling continue for more than a few days or get worse then you may want to mention it to your doctor.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• could be
    pick up the phone and call
    even on sunday, you can get a nurse to call you back
    someone is on call
    speak to a professional

good luck/feel better
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• The hormone roller coaster after you give birth is awful!! My husband came home one night to find me sitting on the couch, holding the baby with tears just rolling down my cheeks. He asked what was wrong and I honestly answered "Nothing". There was nothing wrong. I had no idea why I was crying.

It could be PPD - it happens a lot. Have you seen your OB/Gyn for your check yet? I would absolutely talk to him/her about how you're feeling.

How do you feel about your baby? Are you having any strange thoughts about hurting the baby or yourself? If you do, call your doctor right away. But, this may just be being a new mom - it is overwhelming and wonderful and emotional and lonely at times. ((hugs))
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It could be PPD- but it could also just be the baby blues which is very normal. The Blues last about 2 weeks. I remember with my first daughter, I cried and cried and cried about everything and anything. I even cried about the fact I was crying. Your hormones are so out of whack at first.

Read one of those PPD checklists and see if you feel any of those other things. In my case, the only symptom I had was the crying. I did end up calling my doctor after the crying lasted past 2 weeks and their advice to me was to get one whole, uninterrupted night if sleep (yes, Family had to help!) and if I was still as tearful after that, to call them back. Well- the time (about 2 1/2 weeks) and the night of sleep made a huge difference. My daughter got a bottle for the first time ever- but she was fine, I was better than fine and I stopped crying every minute of the day!

May be totally normal- but keep an eye on it! Good luck!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, that sounds like it. I had that same thing happen. Make sure you are eating a well balanced diet. Getting enough sleep. Stay in bright well lit areas, and spend time outside if you can. The better you take care of yourself, the easier it is to deal with. These things really helped me a lot.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't know about PPD but it could be the Baby Blues. I had it and I was crying a lot. Mostly for no reason at all! Its because your hormones are all out of wack. PPD is usually characterized by negative feelings towards yourself and/or the new baby. It can cause inference in your ability to care for your child properly, etc. etc. Its definitely a more serious issue. But if you are just crying, then I would say its probably the Baby Blues. Mine went away by like a week after I gave birth. Definitely keep an eye on yourself and if you start experiencing more intense symptoms, get some help. Good luck.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Sounds like it. I bawled when DH and I brought home our newest baby. I kept thinking about how my mom wasn't going to be there, and how I felt alone with this new baby. I cried the whole day. It was horrible. But, it got better. It probably is the feeling over being overwhelmed and feeling alone. If it doesn't get better, definitely talk to your Dr. Good luck momma and enjoy your baby because this time will go by too fast.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2010