Has anyone.....

ever picked out a name for your baby and your friend used the same name after she found out you were using that name? what did you do? what you talk to them about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Baby Names

• It hasn't happened to me, but if it did I would be ticked. I don't if I would actually do/say anything about it, but on the inside I would be seething. I choose names for a reason and put a lot of effort into finding the perfect one. Thankfully, I don't I will ever encounter it though. All my friends and family like very simple, boring names and that isn't what I like at all. They hate most everyhing on my baby name list LOL
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• i told my SIL the name i would choose whenever i had kids and she used that name 9 mos later for her son. I never said anything to her. oh well
    Sheraymonet

Answer by Sheraymonet at 3:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, my friend used my son's name for her son. I took it as a compliment
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my bil did that. they are so unoriginal. they named their son christopher after i told them i was going to. i guess they are so unoriginal that they just used the father's middle name for both boys too......we just thought up a new name. actually i like the new name (quincy) better....it suits him.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes my friend called her daughter the same name after i told her, her daughter was born later. I did not. Now i stand between two girls and make a wish.
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Happened to a friend of mine. Her sister used her boy name - which is their maiden name "Garrett" - My friend had wanted to use that name as long as I have known her (age 12) but her sister had a boy first and she used it. It caused a pretty big family rift.

texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 5:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No, but I waited until after I delievered to tell anyone my child's name.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It's never happened to me, but I know of similar situations happening to other people I know. I can't really say what I'd do or say since I haven't been put in that situation yet, but I seriously don't believe it's that big of a deal to confront someone over and risk losing a friendship over.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• That would be a little awkward, especially if there wasn't any discussion first, but I would say copying is the best form of flattery.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• my sis named her son Bailey Cole and about 9 months later her hubs brother named their son Aiden Khol, my sis was so mad.
    my sis wanted to use Colter for her son, but had a friend, not too good of a friend, but a friend none the less, named Colter, so she felt like the name was out for her, but perfectly fine for me to use, so I did, and I have my Colter James!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 1:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2010