How many years would you try to get pregnant before giving up or adopting?

what would be your cut off? 

DH and I have been trying for 3+ years now. he is 26 and I am 22.  

Sheraymonet

Asked by Sheraymonet at 3:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would guess 2 or 3 years. I don't think it is good to have kids after a certain age. You can't keep up and play with them like you should.
    Anonymous

• I would give up I have heard too many horror stories about people adopying kids never knowing what they are getting into. Then when there is something seriously wrong with the kid, society looks at it as the ( people who adopted the kids fault) look at all the newsstories( ie; kids from Russia etc) as far as when I would give up physically trying to conceive. 30!!! Too much of a chance of Down Syndrome then and thats opening a whole nother can of worms ( for what I believe) in my humble opinion
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 3:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would try to get pregnant for a year. Then if I could not. We would go get checked by a doctor to see why I was not getting pregnant. After that depending why we could not produce a child. We would consider Adoption. Or buy a dog.

Answer by louise2 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would never give up. I'll keep trying but it doesnt hurt to look into adoption and/or adopt while trying.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• What does the Dr. say.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• dr says everything is fine...my cycles are a bit off so we dont have as many chances a year and my cycles are illregular so its hard to find when im ovulating. other than that everything is fine
    Sheraymonet

Comment by Sheraymonet (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Stop trying, stop stressing over it. Works most of the time. Just enjoy having sex with you DH. Good luck to you both.

Answer by louise2 at 4:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• thank you
    Sheraymonet

Comment by Sheraymonet (original poster) at 4:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Well were married for 10 years w/o getting pregnant. At first it was not a big deal everyone tells you to relax then slowly I became bitter and avoided watching the weather channel for all the pregnant women. I vowed each baby shower gift would be my last. I gave money and time to invitro.......all in order to adopt and she is perfect! I would be upset for taking so long to quit but I am convinced that I would not have gotten this child and she was the one I was supposed to raise. IDK how it will work for but please don't let yourself get as bitter as I did. Every month it was like being diagnosed with some disease. I am ashamed at how dark I let things get. My husband was not sure about adoption but he regularly tells me now, "thank you for my daughter". Good luck.
    msgrateful

Answer by msgrateful at 6:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010