nursing school

For those of you who went to LPN school. Can you give me a ballpark on how much it costed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• it can vary greatly depending on the school. In my area you can go to the community college and I pay about $120 per credit hour. So taking 3 classes a semester (i go part time at night) i pay about 1300 or so per semester, depending on if the class is 3 or 4 credits. I looked into another school and for 1 year it was 6K. If you have a community college in your area that offers nursing that is usually the cheapest way to go.
    Anonymous

• It really does depend on where you go. Is a school through a local hospital, a public university, a private university? Where you go can make a big difference in the cost? If you're shopping around for schools, check out how much you pay per credit hour and then compare that to how many credit hours are required to graduate. You'll be able to calculate the cost, but don't forget books are extra and run up to $500/semester if you're going full time and aren't covered by financial aid.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2010