Anyone else NOT doing the "hot gifts" and "must have toys" this year?

I'm not going to feed into it. And I'm not going to hurt myself getting them. Last year my future BIl who is manager of a Toys R Us put aside the "hottest toys of the year" for my kids. I did think it was very sweet of him to do for them, but honestly the kids really didn't know the difference, and I don't even know where the toys are now. So I think my kids are happy just to get gifts. There is so much stuff to choose from!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• I have never even cared what they were... if a toy has lasting play value, then it will be just as fun to get next year. If it doesn't, it wouldn't have been fun until New Years this year, either.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Hell no. I get what my kids like and what I can afford. The new hot gifts will only be played with for a few months then forgotten. Why pay so much when a few months from now they'll want something else
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Girl, I agree! I don't pay attention to things like that. My son is two years old right now. I'm just feeding off of what he's interested in. If one of those items are on a so-called "hottest toys" list, then so be it. I'll try to get it, but it's not going to be on one of those Black Friday or Doorbuster days. Forget that!
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Nope, I'm all about being thankfull for what they get, I want them to know the true meaning of Christmas not the max out your credit card for ungreatfull kids kind. Hope that makes sense.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have no idea what is even on the hottest toy list!

Answer by missanc at 4:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No, I just get what I know my son likes.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Im not sure about anything thats hot, only thing i ever hear my kids talk about is the Xbox Kinnect everyone of my kids want that thing and of course alot moremy oldest ahs wanted the PSP forever now i just cant afford it , but they understand i am struggling and dont expect to get it costs alot of money..
    SparklingMom78

Answer by SparklingMom78 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Never do, and sure won't be doing it this year.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My kids will be lucky to have gifts from me this year. I know they are getting a lot from daddy so I am working hard to make this year a good memory and not just a load of cash down the drain. So far, so good. My kids are loving the handmade ornaments, the making of gifts for family and just the quality time spent together. They even complained to dad about why he didn't want to do things with them and he got all out of sorts because he thought I was trying to one up him.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 7:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have never cared about that list. My kids ask foir what they want. I do look at it to humor me or see what is hot but m kids list are based on what they want. My daughter is getting a dream house so that may be on there Barbie is always popular....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010