Do you discipline other kids?

when they are playing at your house??????

Sheraymonet

Asked by Sheraymonet at 3:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hmmm... It depends. I'll set them straight as in telling them how they need to behave at my house, but as for putting my hands on someone else's child... I don't feel comfortable with doing such a thing. I'd have to have a long discussion with the parents and find out what's best for a subject such a disciplining their kids.
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Absolutely. The house rules are mine... if they don't like them, they are not compelled to be here. I don't enforce their parents rules when they are not around, either. Nothing to do with me.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yep, my friend's kids follow the rules in my house or they get timeouts, same as my kid.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No. It is not my job nor am I their parent. All playdate we have, all parents are present.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yep. The rules apply to everyone in my house. If the parent is present, i give them a chance to discipline first, but if necessary i step in. I'm not a rule-nazi by any means, but kids dont jump on my furniture, throw things in the house, etc. In fact, i had to get on a kid the other day for whacking my chickens with a stick! I had to tell her THREE TIMES! Little stinker..... I expect the same at other people's houses too. My kids follow the rules of whoever's house they are in too!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Absolutely! It's your house!
    colesmomroxy

Answer by colesmomroxy at 4:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Absolutely. And I expect my friends to do the same. I won't do the same thing as I would with my kids (unless we are super close and they are over all the time) but I will redirect, reprimand, and/or state my rules .... ABSOLUTELY!!
    But then again, I'm from it takes a village camp.
    I'll do it in public too.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I will tell kids to be nice,if that is what you mean.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yep, I even spank strange kids at the park.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 2:09 AM on Mar. 21, 2011