I found trojans in my husbands coat pocket what would you do?

yeah I found them, we do not use them. he says they are a gag gift for our son who turns 18 this week???? i do not know what to make of it. i wasnt being nosey, just put his coat on to take dog out and i slipped my hands into pockets, he doesnt wear this coat much. i asked him by texting him while he was hunting. he answered me texting after he came home, couldnt face me i guess. i dont know if i should cry, hit him over the head, believe him? i have a new job starting in two days, how do i take my mind off this. any help would be good, please. thanks sisters

cmrbored

Asked by cmrbored at 4:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Laugh. It's the only way to make it through the day...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would be asking some questions. Don't get all mad til you find out the truth.
    Anonymous

• I would not have confronted him in a text about it. I would talked to him directly, in person. Lets put it this way. We would not be having sex for a good long while. Tell I found out the real truth. You DH's reason was lame.

Answer by louise2 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would wait until he comes home and confront him face to face.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If it was me he might find his things on the curb when he got home. But definitely you need to confront him,
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• 1 thing... Listen to your womens intuition it's never wrong.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Even IF they are for your son's 18th birthday....I would STILL be mad!! Giving your son condoms is basically say "Hey! Go live it up! Have fun!" I certainly hope he has a better (good) gift to give him along with this "gag" gift! A father should be giving his son a decent gift for his son for his birthday - especially a milestone birthday.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Is his personality the type that would get your son condoms for his birthday??????..................

Also.. if they were just a few of them... I would think that when you buy them at the store they come in a box.. and if they were going to be a gift for your son...id assume theyd stay in that box and even in a bag until it was his birthday.. not so much his coat pocket... it all depends how he got them.. id ask him where he got them.. if he says at a store.. id be iffy.. but if he says one of his buddies had some and gave them to him, thats more believable about the gag gift thing......... you knwo what im saying?
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• What I would think would depend on several different factors. A few being: What is the state of our relationship? Have we been having any issues/problems? Has my husband ever given me reasons to questions such things? Has my husband ever had a history of lying to me, cheating or inappropriate/unacceptable behaviour with other women? and a few other things.

What I would think, and how I would respond would be dependent on these other factors.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Oh my! Well, I'm not there inside your husband's head or have hidden cameras watching his every move. But, when my mom found condoms in my dad's coat and asked him about it, he lied about it at first, but later admitted to cheating with a old female friend. I don't want to tell you something and it backfires. All I say is, trust your gut, I'm not talking about your implusive gut, I'm talking about after you've calmed down and thought about everything to yourself i.e. changes in his behavior or anything out of the ordinary in the bedroom. Sadly, sometimes we have to end up taking someone's word for it until bits and pieces of the truth is revealed to us. Some things don't stay in the dark for long. The best of luck to you Momma!!!

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010