if your good friend ....

moved over seas how often would you expect her to call you. how often will you call her?

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 4:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• *sigh* Oh how I would love to have a good girlfriend right now. I'd try to call as much as I can. It depends on how busy things get in our lives. I know the calls are most likely going to have be schedule, since you guys are going to be on a different time slot. Moving overseas can be difficult for some people. It's best to talk often as possible and not feel like strangers after waiting so long to call each other. This is just my opinion :)
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Tough one. Calling is very expensive on that. I would say send as many e-mails as you can and maybe just call on certain holidays and their birthday.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think I would do what mommy of two388 said and also check into some different calling plans. When my girlfriend moved away both of our phone bills were ridiculous. Through Verizon we could talk long distance for as long as we wanted to whoever was long distant and it would cost no more than $40 ever.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Hard to say --depends on where. Some countries' phone costs are unbelievable.

I don't pin my happiness on things I can't control --like other people's behaviour. If I want to talk to a friend, I call. I don't sit around waiting and wondering what it means if s/he hasn't called me.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I guess monthly would be good.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 4:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It depends on how "good" of friends you were. My best friend and I live 30 minutes away and we talk about once a month. We are just really busy. That is why I love Facebook and email. It allows us to keep in touch with out having to worry about timing.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My family is overseas, and calling is quite expensive. Email is a wonderful alternative to help us stay in touch. There isn't a time frame that I'd say works for everyone ... that would depend on how often the two of you feel that you should talk.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• now in the age of emails you dont have to call constantly since most of the time it ist cost involved. Emails are free.
    But most of the people lose track after a while. Everyone gets busy with tehre lives, they over there and they over tehre. But to stay in touch and email or talk on the phone every now and then should be happening (from both sides) if there were really such good friends.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• well if you had a good friend that is moving over seas than email maybe every weekends & call on holidays & birthdays & every once in a while & if they have a cell phone text just to say hi
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My bff and I don't call. We email. We do that every day.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010