My son is 25 months and he just started to stutter its getting worse every day. I'm really starting to get worried. Should I be?

colesmomroxy

Asked by colesmomroxy at 4:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Breathe Momma....Have you spoken to his doctor?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No. Lots of kids start out stuttering and get over it with no treatment at all....

It helps if he is not facing someone controlling things like his handedness, or any nervous habits he's developed to deal with his anxiety, because those are made much worse for focusing on them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my step daghter just turned 3 and shes just now starting to stop stuttering so much! I was a little worried earlier, but its going away a lot! I think its normal! you could always check w/ your doctor!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 4:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• You should speak to your dr and possible have an evaluation done. You could probably go through a birth-3 program.

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• What is a birth-3 program?
    colesmomroxy

Comment by colesmomroxy (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• OP, Early Intervention
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Toddler stuttering is a normal thing. They don't ALL do it, but a lot do and eventually stop. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my son done that also but he is almost 4 now and as he got older and started saying more he grew out of! i would worry to much it is a phase they go through.
    ArmyWife-of-2

Answer by ArmyWife-of-2 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010