How can I create this hair style?

I love very loose spirals. Are there curling irons this big? Or is there another way to create these very large spirals?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 4:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use to own a curling iron that was 2 inches thick. Something like that should get that affect. or get some large hot curlers
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• a hair stylist :P

I really don't know sorry
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• You can use large hot rollers. When you take them out don't brush your hair and let the curls lay on top of each other.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• When this style was first popular, women used pop cans as rollers.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• How to pin pop cans in the hair? Are the ends cut out?
    BlueSaphire

Comment by BlueSaphire (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• large spiral curling iron, styling pudding creme. might hold better if done on dirty hair (1st or 2nd day hair)
    flprincessmom

Answer by flprincessmom at 4:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have no idea how they get it so smooth looking. Mine is easy to make curl like that, but is always frizzy!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• That's pretty. I would think it is a 1" barrel. I would take a strip of hair and wind 1/2 the strand up to the roots leave in for a few seconds take it out then wrap the the other 1/2 up in the barrel. I would spray each strand with hair spray after you are done curling that strand so it doesn't fall out by the time you get to the other side of your head. When its all done lightly adjust it with your fingers. then hairspray it some more. It's a lot of work. I think if it was for a special occasion I would have my hairstylist do it. It would take her far less time and be worth the $25.00 she would charge me. GL

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I make curls like this using hot rollers.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 6:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have found so much on youtube! I am telling you look it up :)
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2010