how can I decorate and organize my little girls room for little $$$$$

My daughter is a little diva princess and I need advice on how to organize/decorate her room for very little money. Money is very tight and I am not crafty or handy in any way. She loves modeling and Disney and Princesses....Please help me make her room girly and cute!!! Need pieces that function as storage as her room is not too big and she has alot of toys!!!

flprincessmom

Asked by flprincessmom at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Target has great stuff and it's reasonably priced.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Paint is the cheapest thing I can think of.  Sometimes the "mistakes" that the home improvement stores make end up being the perfect color and you get a big discount.  Look at your local thrift stores for things you can paint and hang on the walls.  Try the craigslist free section or your local http://www.freecycle.org/ group for new furniture or decor for FREE! 

If you can get some cheap stencils to put a few touches to the room, that works, too.

texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 4:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• try craigslist or ebay. I got my kids a bedding set that came with wall hanging things and curtains for only $50 all that stuff was brand new I'm sure you can get used for cheaper
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• You could go a long way with paint! know anyone that could paint princesses on her walls? like a friend or anything? if not, they have the stickers for walls that are somewhat cheap if you go to the right place.. do you have a christmas tree shops?...or hobby lobby.. when they have their girlie stuff for 50 percent off! Target has cute things at times, but you could end up spending more money there than going all types of places and making your own style!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 4:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• there are some really great wall stickers, I've seen them at wally world and target pretty cheap. My sister rents her place so she can't paint but she got those wall sticks for my niece and they are perfect, also I always see great furniture pieces at the Goodwill and consignment shops.
    xbabygirlz

Answer by xbabygirlz at 4:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• paint the room in a nice pink. Check out cheaper storers such as target or wal mart for furniture things not big furniture stores. Maybe check out local good will, thrift stores etc. There even second hand children store who sells children furniture which is slidly used for a lot less and its as good as new. Good luck.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• thrift stores are great for that sort of thing, you can get new square laundry baskets and drill them to the wall, put a couple of stencils on them and you have an immovable toy bin or blanket storage. you can put up christmas lights along the top of the room and mirrors on the walls for dancing
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I always go to high-end stores and look. Go on-line to Kids Pottery Barn and Disney stores. Get ideas then go shopping, Walmart, Target, 2nd hand stores for big pieces, Thrift Shops, etc. I redecorated my son's room for $50 (including PAINT) by doing this when he was a teen - it works! Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 6:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• love angevil53's answer!!! I have pink christmas lights in her window and was thinking the same thing about putting them up to border her room!!!! I can't paint the walls, as I am renting, but can put up decals if I can find 'em cheap enough.She has a large mirror at her level on the floor for her to "dance and model" so that was head on too!!! good advice about the thrift stores, will keep in mind!!
    flprincessmom

Comment by flprincessmom (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• There are so many websites and magazines out there for cheap decorating ideas, look around and google for "cheap princess room decor" or something along those lines.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:58 AM on Dec. 10, 2010