IF YOU WERE THE PRESEDENT OF THE UNITED STATE WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE AND WHY?

Xiomy34

Asked by Xiomy34 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He has already made changes. The first one that was very important was Health Care Reform. Its not perfect but its a step in t he right direction.
    GailTravel

Answer by GailTravel at 6:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would make an executive order to ban progressivism
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'd make an excutive order to change anything(laws etc...) that does not honor the Constitution the way it was originally written by our Founding Fathers...and yes this does include the health care bill and the s510....and turn Our Country back to "By the People For The People"....not by who can pay the most to get their way...
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 5:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would encourage the return to a Constitutional Republic.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If I were President there are so many things I would like to change..... although I am sure the Congress and the others will not be very happy and would probably Veto everything I suggest.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Congressional term limits.

Lobbying reform

End the drug war

Friday

Answer by Friday at 5:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Nothing. Mainly because the President alone can not change anything alone.. Congress gets to make the changes, the President gets to say yay or nay to them. The President can suggest something, ask for something, however ultimately Congress decides whether it's going to happen or not.

People who are running for President make a whole lot of promises. Promises that they know they can not guarantee, promises that they know (when they state them) that they most likely can not/will not keep. Yet people believe them over and over again.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Shrink the size of the federal government as quickly as possible...then begin to shift regulation to individual states according to their needs. If you knew your history, you would know that when any government begins to control the individual to any great extent, it begins to implode with absolute predictability. After doing all of that, I would part the seas to reassure myself that I was still immortal.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 5:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• hmm ill think abt this
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'd make it mandatory that anyone who runs for President, and is already a Senator, is REQUIRED to attend all Senate and House hearings, instead of skipping every single one, so they are prepared for the job BEFORE they get in there, with not a clue what they are supposed to do, and end up putting us in even worse times than we were before.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010