HELP THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!

And by that I mean Facebook is redesigning your profile page again without asking for user input first. I'm sure there will be a lot of crying and whining. For the most part, I don't think it looks too bad, but I have reservations about the "featured friends" thing. The way it works now trying to guess what it thinks you want to read is a pain in the butt to work around using a phone app, and you can only get it to work correctly and easily if you're on a computer and can easily click several buttons to keep the feed the way you want it.

Thoughts on the changes?

He's being interviewed on 60 minutes in a few hours to talk about them more, but here's a summary:

The quick snippet is a bit blurry, but it appears photos take a greater prominence, expanding in size and moving to the top of the page. The "Wall" and "Info" buttons that currently run horizontally across the top of the page have been moved to a column under the member's photo. "Message" and "Poke" buttons have appeared at the top right of the page, perhaps part of the social network's push toward "seamless messaging " across different forms of communication.

In a company blog announcing the changes released after CBS' video was published, Facebook engineer Josh Wiseman said the top of the new profile page will be dominated by a new introduction that will include basic information about the member, such as where they live, hometown, eduction, and marital status. A horizontal bank of recent photos in which the member is tagged anchors that introduction.

The redesign also includes a "Featured Friends" tool that lets you "highlight the friends who are important to you, such as your family, best friends or teammates," Wiseman wrote. "Create new groups of friends, or feature existing friends lists."

A new feature allows you to share specific projects you worked on at work or school, or musical acts or sports teams you are interested in.

A new "infinite scroll" feature promises to make it faster and easier to browse photos. It allows users to locate people on Facebook by searching by name, hometown, school, or a number of other dimensions.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20024657-93.html#ixzz17HLdbybm

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Technology

• frustrated

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Who cares?????
    Anonymous

• It's annoying but no use bickering if I can't stop it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• eh, whatever, it's only facebook.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I was excited for a moment I thought the world was really ending..and I really would not mind if it did...at the moment
    Anonymous