Ever read the ingreadents in your food?

For crying out loud every thing has sugar in it. What surprised you most when you read a label?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i read the lable on the food i give my boys. if i cant pronouce the ingredients they cant eat it lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• The chemicals!!! I try to stear as clear as I can from processed foods. But don't get me wrong we do consume a box of mac and cheese on occasion! Not crazy with it but do my best!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Since I buy very few things that are prepackaged/premade, I know what all is in my food.. I really do my best to make everything fresh myself.

The few things I do buy that are prepackaged/premade I'm very picky about what brands I buy/items I buy,because I read the labels..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yep, on pretty much everything.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, I always read the ingredients. I know there is added sugar and/or salt in just about everything, which is why I make all of our meals from fresh ingredients and rarely, if ever, buy a pre-made product.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I just read for MSG to be in it and if it is then I do not buy it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes - it is incredible what they put in processed food. My biggest surprise was the sodium - holy cow! We don't buy prepackaged for that reason. I try to buy everything fresh or frozen and make meals myself.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 6:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• it really depends, if i have bought it before i tend not to but if it is somehting new, then yes.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 6:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think there is so mauch bad in our food I often wonder what part this plays in infections and disease. You cite sugar as an example but there are other things that are much worse than sugar in things that we as Americans blindly consume. There is bisphenol A in the water bottles that we buy bottled water in thinking it is better than water out of the faucet. Lol !!!! Yes you are right there alot of awful things in our food you have a right to be concerned.
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 7:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• How much food has artifical sweetners in it. I would much rather my child eat the regular sugar then artifical sweetners.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2010