my baby sleeps with me. how can i get her to sleep by herself in her crib?

liv0504

Asked by liv0504 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did the same thing and it was hard but I just had to put him in the bed and let him cry it out. I would go in and check on him once in a while but mostly I just had to let him cry and now he sleeps in his own room and never wakes up at night.
    ayannamarshall

Answer by ayannamarshall at 10:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• i don't know how old baby is but I would say you will have to let baby cry it out and you too!:) Go check on them after a minute then 2 then 4 then 8 and baby will get the point. Do you have a monitor? Use it where you can hear baby if it needs you in the night.
    twice2thefun

Answer by twice2thefun at 10:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My son is 12 months old and has a crib in my bedroom. He suffered from acid reflux and my doctored suggested he stay in my room. Maybe you could start out with the crib in your room for a while.
    haveahappyday

Answer by haveahappyday at 11:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• This will sound very crazy but I had my daughter in our bed also , So what I did was we slept one night in our bed the next night in the living room , the next night on her bedroom floor and the next night I put her in her bed. The whole time we did this we slept with the sheet that was going to be in her crib so it smelt like me. And also the first night she was in her crib I fed her her bottle in there without holding her and I also held my hand on her chest so that way she felt like I was there with her. It gave her comfort without actually being held now she sleeps in her crib every night and is actually almost sleeping 9 1/2 hours a night!
    zlcjones

Answer by zlcjones at 11:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

zlcjones