Is my 11 year old daughter allowed to date?

caringmama688

Asked by caringmama688 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know...is she?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think 11 is too young for dating. Doesn't mean she can't have friends that are boys but I think its to young for "dating"
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't know... Is she?

Only you would know if she's allowed to or not.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My personal opinion is that 11 is too young to have a steady and to date. I think it is ok to have casual friendships boys and to 'hang out' with them-- in groups (meaning a bunch of friends- both boy and girl going out for pizza or to the movies together) but not 1 on 1 dating.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• "Allowed to" ... I don't know, you're her parent ... is she?

Is it appropriate for an 11 year old to date would be an entirely different question - and the answer would be absolutely not.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• NO! An eleven year old is just a little girl. They can have friends, but definitely not date.

Next someone is going to ask if a 12 year old is allowed to have sex. This is crazy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Not in my home.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I dunno I'm not her mother. But I wouldn't let my 11 year old date
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Absolutely not. At 11 years old, your child has not developed an understanding of dating. Truthfully, an 11 year old "dating" consists of sharing milk in the school cafeteria. If your child has asked you about dating then it is time to talk to her/him about dating. But no, an 11 year old can't drive, can't watch rated R movies, shouldn't be watching much in the pg13 range either so once again, a resounding no she should not be dating. Too many parents think its cute and fun to let their little ones go out on dates before they're old enough to fully understand all that comes with dating.
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 5:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• That is awfully young. I know they have their little bf/gf stuff at school, so that's where it should stay. I would not allow more than a group date when she is about 13 y/o. No car dates until age 16.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010