Myalmost 4 year old is out of control i have tried everything to disipline him and its just not working does anyone have any suggestions?

he doesnt listen to me, he tells me he doesnt have to listen to me, he went through a divorce with his dad and I.

ArmyWife-of-2

Asked by ArmyWife-of-2 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have you called santa? he probably has a few ideas~~

oorr buy super nannys book :) when my boys are older I'm definitly getting it
    OMG OR CALL SUPER NANNY. shes so cute i love her.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Consistency, consistency, consistency. During this time of transition and change, he needs rules and discipline more than ever. He has to know that your expectations for his behavior haven't changed and that he'll still be treated (and loved) the same way you always have.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I agree with alice and make sure you spend enough one on one time with him so he knows he is special and loved. Plus praise when he does things right goes a long way to making him feel good about himslef and more be more cooperative.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• THANK YOU aliceinalgonac that is very good advice.
    ArmyWife-of-2

Comment by ArmyWife-of-2 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• go through the local school district for an evaluation ???? aside from plenty of mommy time
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 11:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If you are having a lot of trouble and nothing is working, I would have him evaluated by a professional. Divorces are very hard on children and he might need some professional help.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2010