Premature labor

A coworker of mine left early today because she was spotting. She is currently 24 weeks pregnant and was told at the hospital that she may be delivering tonight. I feel so bad and am so worried for her. Has this happened to anyone or a friend and what advice do you have? What procedures will go on if you know? Please share and say a prayer for her. Her name is Wilma. TIA

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my son at 28 weeks, and my niece was born at 27. If she IS born tonight, her chances of surviving are not high, but it IS possible! The baby will have to go through ALOT of procedures, which could be ANY number of different things. All you can do is pray for her.

nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Thanks nsrush! My nephew was born at 26 weeks at 2lbs2oz and is great. But 2 weeks is a big diff at that stage and youre right...all I can do is pray. The mother is only about 100lbs soaking wet so Im worried that this baby is a lot smaller. Thanks for your advice/input! :)
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I went into pre term labor...my water broke at 29 weeks. They gave me 1 shot of steroids (your supposed to get 2 but my baby came before they could give me the 2nd shot). They also gave me something to try and stop the labor. I had an ultra sound to check the position of my baby. And they checked me and did the test they do during the last 4 weeks of pregnancy.
    I will DEF pray that the momma and baby are okay!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 6:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• And she just found out she was pregnant when she started showing so its hard to say how the baby is health wise until he/she is born. She doesnt smoke but I dont know if she drinks. Def not a drug user...Thank God
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Keep me posted on how she is! I dont know if she is a Cafemom member, but there is a preemie group that she can join on here for support!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/503
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010