Is it PC to have a baby shower for a second baby?

I'm pregnant with my second child, and I'd like to have a baby shower but don't know if this is typically done? I don't need a ton of stuff like I did with my first, but a few things would be nice... I also look foe any excuse to have a party :) would it be appropriate for my mom to host it?

vixenmama

Asked by vixenmama at 5:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Im pregnant with my second and so is my aunt, we are both planning on having a baby shower.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• how far apart are the kids? I'd say if they are close in age and you have most the stuff already then just have a diaper party or a pregnancy celebration, but if they are like 5yrs apart then yeah a baby shower would be ok
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I had showers for all 3! The showers for my 2 youngest were just smaller. I think all babies should be welcomed in to the world!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I tell everyone I would have rather had my baby shower for my 2nd baby because then I knew what I REALLY needed =) I like the idea of a diaper party it's be something different!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If they are different genders, far apart, etc, yes. If you are having a second son (or second daughter) a year later, not really. I doubt people will care though.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 5:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I was given 3 showers with each of my pregnancies.

I say if someone wants to give one to you then it's a gift...accept it!

I don't think that having one for yourself is okay though. I think that's tacky.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with having a baby shower for your second, third, etc... :-) and for your mother throwing it for you I think that is great!
    TinyDancer13

Answer by TinyDancer13 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yea, it's PC in most cases. I'd have your mom tell everyone that it's not a baby shower, it's a baby "sprinkle" (Get it? Because it's smaller than a shower) Say just small things, diapers, wipes, etc, with more focus on games & being together to celebrate baby's imminent arrival. Congrats on the little one!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think anyone having a baby, no matter what number child it is, should be able to celebrate it. I mean, you don't have to have a huge party like you did with previous pregnancies, but each pregnancy/baby should be celebrated in it's own way. Have a diaper party, or a 'meet the baby' sort of get together after he/she is born. I think diaper parties are the way to go because you can't really have too many diapers/wipes when it comes to little ones.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't think so but then again I'm old school. why should I or anyone else keep helping you or anyone provide for more kids? Save up for the next one in between having them. I'm sorry if that sounds mean but having a shower for each child is just irresponsible and selfish imho.
    Anonymous