DH is going to Cancun for a business trip Dec 22-25!!

My DH and I are struggling to make ends meet. He does a LOT of odd jobs, including working on the stat crew for the Spurs. Word got out he's good at what he does so he was invited to come to a NCAA college tournament in Cancun Dec 22-25. We can afford for ME to go, but not our 7 and 8 yr old daughters. SO - I am staying behind so he can go make $400 on an all expenses paid trip to Cancun!

I trust my DH - he will not do anything wrong (we've been together 11yrs) - but I want to know if y'all think it's a fair trade-off that I say I get to go on any girl's night out for the entire year of 2011 without any hassle - don't you? :D

texassahm

Asked by texassahm at 6:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• hell YES! I'd be planning for girl trips NOW!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Well I certainly think that's fair!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I like the trade off, but I am sorry he won't be there for Christmas.

Answer by older at 6:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I do not understand why you feel he has to make a deal with you to go on a business trip.
    Further, I do not know why you feel that he will not want you to have a girl's night out when you want or need it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I agree with the trip and the trade off...However, he should be home for Christmas(if you celebrate it). Tell him to get a flight home on Christmas Eve. Before anything is said and done make sure your girls are ok with Dad not being there on Christmas morning. They are older but you never know how theyll feel
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Totally fair! lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• $400 for 3 days of work isn't shabby. I presume that he'll work just a few hours each day? If he worked for 20 hours while there that's $20 an hour....not bad at all. Good for him for looking out for his family and providing for them. Since it is work related I wouldn't expect my husband to have to make a deal with me to go...it's work related. I also don;t see the issue with him not being on Christmas morning. I presume that he'll be home at some point on the 25th and whenever he gets home you can enjoy Christmas with your daughters. Many families are missing someone this Christmas because their jobs will keep them away, that's life.
    Anonymous

• He hassles me about GNO because we are tight on $ right now, and he works so hard that I hardly see him, so when the weekend comes and he has some free time, the last thing he wants is to be at home without me. I get it. He works hard and wants his wife to be by his side when he has time to spend with her (I want to spend time with him, too). It's not really a deal, I told him to go - then after thinking about it - in jest - said "you know this means I get as many GNO as I want over the next yeear" - It was understood it was serious in a joking way. He was fine with it.

Besides, they will probably invite him again next year and since I'll be working full-time as a teacher by then, we'll have enough to take the whole family! I want him to go and do a good job so he is invited again next year! :)

He'll be back Christmas Day - We'll go get him from the airport at 1:45pm. It'll be fun!
    texassahm

Comment by texassahm (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• That's pooptastic! Yes you should get plenty of girls nights hassle free! There are plenty of things to do for free or cheap... like karaoke for instance! Hellll yeaaaah karaoke!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010