the whole changing your picture on facebok for child abuse....thing

is anyone seriously annoyed about the entire thing. I'm all for supporting this but half of my friends are FREAKING the fuck out because "its not doing anything" blah blah blah

"you're all so fucking stupid. changing your picture to your favorite cartoon character is not contributing to child abuse. fucking go donate some money to a place that will actually do something, because you're not DOING anything. you're not raising awareness. if you want to raise awareness make your picture a kid with a black eye. stop pretending you care. go donate. changing your picture isnt helping."

is what one of my friends said
most of my friends are just making fun of anyone who changes their picture
and its like,
big fucking deal if i want to change my picture to show support
its not really any different than pinning a pink ribbion to my shirt to support breast cancer awarness.

I dont get why people have to be so pissing and shit about it. if you dont like it dont participate, but dont MAKE FUN OF the people who want to participate.

like why are you gettting angry that we wnat to show spport for this cause?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• exactly! I changed mine to Woody Woodpecker

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• it's a proven fact that viewing cartoon characters from childhood suppresses the psychological urge to abuse children.
    duh.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 6:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I dont get it either, but oh well, I still changed my picture to Minnie Mouse.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 6:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I didn't know it was for child abuse, and if that's the case then your friend is right that changing your pic doesn't do anything.

I really thought it was just a fun thing for childhood memories..... mine is fraggle rock. People will get pissed over anything. lol
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Ignore the immature. If the act of changing a pic for a weekend helps someone to think for 30 seconds about child abuse..then it was worth it. They THOUGHT about it...awareness was raised. Is that where we all should stop? Of course not...but it's a damn good place to start. IMO.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• its rasing awareness. its getting people talking (ie my friends, but theyre apparently too ignorant to actually get anything out of it)

i mean as someone who has kids, i appriciate people supporting this,
    and as someone who was abused as a child, i appriciate seeing so many people who care.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I agree with you. It may or it may not help. But it won't hurt to try it. You never know what effect it could have on people I just think its great how many people actually did it regardless. Just to show their support. I changed mine to Captain Planet for a day and Storm from Xmen the other 2 days.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think the whole concept behind it is in hopes that it makes the news like the bra color thing did. IDK.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• EXACTLY shanlaree. we're RAISING AWARENESS. not everyone can afford to donate. not everyone can literally DO something but we can all show that we care.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It just annoys me because I have no idea who posted what and who is online by random cartoon pics.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2010