What's your birth story?

Share your birth story! I think birth stories are interesting as well as informative. It's definetely the one thing we all have in common, we gave birth!! Or some of you are about to! Me, I delivered by c section after 17 hours of labor. 3 1/2 which were filled with trying to push my big headed but beautiful daughter out. It started with an induction at 8 am and after 5 hours of pitocin strengthened pain, decided to get an epidural. I had a room full of excited family members and realized that my previous choice to absolutely not have the epidural was not gonna allow me to keep a smile on my face and hold any conversation through the very strong contractions. Then after pushing my head off, went into surgery were my hero delivered my 8 lb 3 ounce bundle of beauty. " She's Gorgeous" were my first words.

lexysmomma08

Asked by lexysmomma08 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was induced at 39 wks 2 days due to high blood pressure. They started at 8:45 am and I was 3 cm. They kept checking me and I wasn't progressing, but they couldn't give me more pitocin because my bp kept going up. They broke my water around 3 pm and still nothing. They were getting ready to do a c section and all of a sudden at 7:30 pm I went from 3 to 9 cm! I started pushing at 8 pm and he was born at 8:28 pm. Oh yeah, and my epidural wore off but at least I didn't have to push too long! So basically it was a lot of waiting and then all heck broke loose! lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My contractions started on a Wednesday night at about 5 pm, my husband and I took a long walk that night to try and get things moving. I had a very restless night being awakened a few times from contractions. The next morning my water broke I went to the hospital and the stupid nurse didn't believe me. (I had very low amniotic fluid through my whole pregnancy) Contractions come and go all day and night of Thursday. Friday morning I had a scheduled drs appointment, he couldn't feel my water so sent me up to the hospital for observation. I spent 12 hours in transitional labor with no pain meds before my cervix began swelling shut my daughters heart stopped and my blood pressure dropped to dangerous lows. At 12:30 on Christmas Eve 2005 my daughter was delivered via emergency c-section. She spent nine hours in the nicu for having meconium in her lungs and difficulty breathing.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 1:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My first born,.....I had contractons all night and that sunday morning I lost my mucus plu... went to the hospital about 12:00 they send me home said I wasn't in active labor yet, So I went home..20 min drive Got in the house went to the bathroom and My water broke when I sat on the toilet... went right back.. was dilated to 8 and wouln't give me an epidiural .. so I have a drug free birthing experiance! My Beautiful DD was born @ 8:04 pm weighing in at 7lbs 6oz

emturner

Answer by emturner at 1:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My second DD ..... I woke up at 4:00 AM with alot of stomach pain... it got worse throughout the day.. I couldn't move it hurt so bad.. I just though I was sore for the attempt to induce me 3 days before,,,But I guess that wasn't the case.. I started to run a fever so I went to the doctor.. and Her heart rate was 200-209 bpm so I was rushed to the OR to deliver by c-section..By my self My DH han't had time to get there yet.. But her got there as they were cleaning her up:o) She was an 8lb 6oz baby

4 days after birth she devleoped a fever and grunt while breathing..long story short..she was admitted to the NICU put on the Vent had spinal tap and so on... Thank God He healed her little body and she cam home a week later!!! My Little Blessing><>"
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 1:23 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• With my first born my water broke 2 weeks before my due date at 9:30 PM and I went to the hospital. i was not even dialated to a 1. They admitted because of my water breaking. I was on fluids all night and at 6:30 the next morning I was only dialated to a 2 so they gave me potocin. After about 4 hours of intense contractions I got an epidural and my little guy was born at 2:30 pm. He weighed 5lbs 14 oz. Perfectly healthy!

frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 1:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• With my second I was 2 days overdue and was scheduled for me to be at the hospital that night at 6 pm for an induction. I went home and made final preparations on my bags and finalized plans for my oldest. At around 4 I started feeling consisten contractions and at 5 told my husband they were only 3 min apart. I got to the hospital and was dialated to a 5. Got my epidural and hour and a half later and delivered my beautiful little boy at 10:30 pm. Only pushed for 15 min. It was totally opposite from my first. He was 7lbs 9 oz.
    frapanda

• My sister flew all the way from Germany just around the time my first born was due. I was induced a day before I was due just so she could see his birth. It ended up being 12 hours in the bed before he came out. Had an epidural and everything, I do remember waking up to my father watching MythBusters on the Discovery Channel. Dylan came out weighing 6'12"
    prettyinpink007

Answer by prettyinpink007 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Due 3/12/08 Mom & grams came to visit, they took me to the store so I could get out, I recvd a call I was to be induced in two days, I was so nervous when I got out of the car I tripped and bloodied up my fingers on a rock-covered garbage can to protect my belly.

I did NOT want an "induction date", I wanted a natural birth date. The baby heard me- Tues. night I went to bed at 12:30 AM (really Wed. morning) and started my contraction at about 2 AM... I thought I was having an upset tummy till the pain came on every 15 minutes.

Induced anyway at 9:15 AM, SEVERE labor pains by 10:00 AM, epidural by 11:30 AM, completely numb by 11:55 AM, was allowed to push by 7:30 PM, baby born w/help of doc and forceps at 8:53 PM. 8:53 PM 6.9 pounds, 19 3/4 inches, 3/12/08

Baby girl needed life saving surgery for TEF (tracheal esophogeal fistula) within 24 hours, stayed in the NICU for 4 weeks... Home 04/08/08...
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I feel ya pretty pink- I was in that damn bed from 9 AM to 9PM, no food, couldnt feel anything... hubby and mom cracking jokes and being silly the whole time... I occasionally pushed for the helluvit- made my mucus plug pop out... and then I pushed hard enough to break my own water.. I called the nurse to tell her I felt wet.. told her it was prob my water... she was all.. oh, its prob just your plug.. nope... I watered the bed, ha ha!!
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• with my first one i was so exhausted from labor when the nurse told me to relax between pushes i feel asleep. i didnt even know i was in labor with him i thought i had the stomach flu so my hubby made me go in and being my blood pressure was so high they broke my water to speed things up. i wanted drugs but by the time the tech got to my room it was go time...because he was early i didnt get to see my baby boy right away. what really suck was the on call pediatrician our regular one was out of town, but this guy comes in with wild hair ripped jeans and a flannel shirt, i freaked and starting why is the strange guy touching my baby get him outa here...had know idea he was a dr...oops
    Anonymous