What do you think about Breastfeeding or formula?

What are your opinions on BF or formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think either way, or both, gets nutrition to the baby and that's all that matters.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I think BREAST IS BEST! I believe God gave us women breasts not just for men to enjoy but to nurish our young! I breast fed both my daughters even with crack sore nipples.. Just be cause i refused to give them formula. I just think that breastfeeding mothers should should get more praise for what they do! It is much harder for a mother to nurse her baby in the store.. I think they should have special areas in stores just for the nursing mother so she will have a place to sit and give her baby what is needed!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I both breastfed and formula fed. With my son I had trouble nursing. With my daughter I had no trouble at all. It's my opinion that the breast is best 100%. Yes, formula still feeds the baby and gets him/her nutrients he/she needs. However breast milk is perfect. It is designed by Nature and has everything a baby needs.

There is also the matter of money. Breast milk is free. Formula is really expensive! Remember, at first the baby takes only a few oz. Eventually the baby takes 8 oz. You go through a large can of powdered formula every 4 days to a week. Sometimes more. And I think they're about $18+. That's a lot of money! With breast milk you just have to drink plenty of water and eat. Take prenatals as they help.

Also breastfeeding is more convenient at night. If you co-sleep like I did you can nurse the baby while laying down on your side. I would fall asleep while nursing this way. So my sleep was less interrupted than when I bottle f
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I agree with the first post. Don't give yourself a hard time if you cant' BF, use formula then. If you can BF, wonderful. It saves you time, and money.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I think formula is fine, I wasn't able to breastfeed so all my kids had formula, my 2 oldest drank homemade formula and they are all very healthy.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I think either one is fine. I tried to breatfeed both of my kids but I did not produce breast milk so i had to formula feed and they both did fine!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I believe that its better to breastfeed as its the most natural and best for the babies development, like vitimins its better to get them from the good foods than from a supplement.
    also they will eat manufactured food their whole lives so why not start them out right and give them a little boost. plus its been shown to lower risks of things like allergies and such.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I think that you are the mommy and you know what is BEST for your child :)
    BayandMadsmom

Answer by BayandMadsmom at 10:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Breastmilk is the ideal food for human children. It has exactly the chemical makeup they need, and adjusts for each feeding. There are immunities and stem cells present in breastmilk. No other food can compare! Check out the 101 Reasons To Breastfeed posts in my journals for more info! ;)
    milkMama25

Answer by milkMama25 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I think they are both healthy for baby. Of course, breast is always best, but formula is a good runner up.
    shanamarie

Answer by shanamarie at 3:08 AM on Jul. 28, 2008