How can family/friends think its ok to express negative opinions about a new pregnancy?!

This makes me so angry! My husbands family and several of his friends have basically said, "what were you thinking" about my new pregnancy. Their reasons are mostly centered around his age (I'm 32, he's 46) and our combined other children ( we have a 2 year old, he has a 13 year old). What right do they have to be so negative? I think if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!

vixenmama

Asked by vixenmama at 6:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tell them to F**K off, literally you dont need their permission for happiness
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• While everyone is entitled to an opinion there are some opinions best kept to ones self. I don't see the issue? You are married, love each other and wanted a child together... so? CONGRATS!!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No I don't think they do. My mother was happy when she found out I had a miscarrige in September. About the age thing, who cares as long as the two of you are happy. Hell there is a 20 year difference betweenmy baby sister and I. I am about to turn 25, my other sister is 9, and the baby is 5.
    TinyDancer13

Answer by TinyDancer13 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I agree! My stepmother told my friend that she was just sure that my husband would leave me after I "got myself pregnant again". She had no idea that we had been going through fertility treatments, had already lost a pregnancy, and wanted our son more than anything in the world. I honestly could have smacked her. I seriously don't understand how anyone can be such a jerk about a pregnancy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Ignore them. Be happy!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i know i will hear negative thoughts from my mom and dad when they hear that i am pregnant again 5yrs later. But you're just going to have to deal. i know my parents are just worried about my future and stuff. your family is probably wondering the same also, because you might not live to see your grandchildren. My dad had me when he was 37 and my sister when he was 41. He is 62 now and this will be his 2nd grandchild. My sister is 21 and she isn't even close to wanting children yet. My dad might not even live to see her children. which is really sad. i'm pretty sure your family is concerned and they don't mean to be rude. But i would rather my family express the truth then to hide it and be two faced and talk shit behind my back.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I can't believe that people would say such things! And who is so heartless to be happy about a miscarriage? Horrible. Some people are going to think whatever they want to think but it's not their life it's yours! So be happy and give them the bird! :) In your mind if you don't want to do it to their faces. Hah!
    KirraZombie

Answer by KirraZombie at 2:10 AM on Dec. 7, 2010