my son is very sick can you help?

My son has a double ear infection and has a cold and the doctor put him on steriods. But his dad has no money because he spent his money on his college after I told him that Tavey needs his medican. And i dont know what do to can you please help?

Cole_monster

Asked by Cole_monster at 1:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Steroids? I thought for an ear infection it was antibiotics? Anyway I think your SO or DH is a jackass. Your kids should come first. I would try to ask a family member or friend to borrow some cash and buy medicine after you talk to your pedi again or sell something from your house to get what you need for you kids.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Have you tried talking to your child's doctor? Sometimes the doctor's office may have what you need in sample form. It doesn't hurt to ask! I wish you luck and yes, I agree that your so or dh is awful for not buying his child medication.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 1:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Also, both Target and Walmart offer a lot of meds at $4 each. Check to see if your son's med is one of them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Ok, now I am really upset here! A pedi will only give steroids to a child when there is a serious SERIOUS ear infection and it is seriously inflammed! And your So aka Mr. I don't give a crap about my kid, doesn't have the money for the medication?? No, that is WRONG! I don't care what I would have to do, I would get that money, even missing a semester at school. Missing a semester at school is nothing compared to a childs well being and hearing!
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 2:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes, Walmart, Walgreens, and such places do offer discount drugs. Doctors also offer samples. Nip this in the bud before your SO, babys father takes this to far!
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 2:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Did you get the meds? Steroids is usually a very cheap drug, we pay $2.90 at Walmart. We do have insurance, but if the generic drug is cheaper than $9.00 we only pay what it costs. Call the county nurse in your area they should be able to help or at least put you in the right direction. Where are you in Wi? I live about an hour north of Green Bay. By the Way your twins are beautiful! My babies turned 11 this summer. If you want to talk or need advice about where to get help just ask!!!
    boysforme-4

Answer by boysforme-4 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2008