Does anyone have velvet sofa?

How does it look? How do you feel about it? Easy to clean?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• ive had one and it always leaves an imprint when you touch it, i didnt like it, it always looked dusty even though it wasnt
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• THANKS. Hadn´t considered that!
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have a slipcovered one from pottery barn, I love it. It doesn't get imprints at all. I love it. You can just throw the covers in the wash.
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• o boy....i have never had a velvet sofa, but i had a chair and let me tell you it attracted hair (my hair, cat hair, dust bunnies, lint, you name it) like a magnet. it was easy to clean with just a lint brush, but it drove me insane because it looked a mess so often
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have a velvet chair and I love it! I haven't had any problems with cleaning it at all. Of course, I don't know about pet hair - I don't have any pets.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I wish! That would look great in my house.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• my m other in law gave me a living room set and i am getting them upholstered and wanted to get it in mocha color velvet fabric.. it would look GREAT in our apt... But I am not sure, I live in the caribbean andthere is A LOT of dust, I have to dust on a daily basis! so, I wanted to know!! And also because I have a 3 and a half year old who loves to touch touch touch!
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Real velvet "crushes" and isn't good for everyday furniture. Are you talking about microfiber or velour?
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• No, I don´t really like microfiber. maybe velour.
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Love it but it is in the parlor so no one is allowed to sit on it but me and company LOL
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2010