are there any rules to sending soldiers packages?

i mean, are there things they arent allowed to have while overseas or that you should not send? Do they check the packages before giving them to them? I thought a good gift idea would be to send my brother all of our old dvds (we have a ton)..that is..if he has a dvd player. that way they would have some movies to watch on the weekends. I don't know..just a thought. what do you think? I'm running out of things to stuff in his package.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• I sent my husband several dvd's while he was deployed. Most soldiers have a laptop or a portable dvd player to watch the movies on, but I would check to make sure he has one.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• most of them are all into fitness and muscles...lol....throw some protein powder or bars in there....they love that crap....and itunes gift cards....does he dip or smoke? sending the more expensive stuff is a real treat to them, my husband always complains that the crap they sell over there isnt as strong...
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010