not talking to mother (vent) adult content

so my ma is homeless right now and staying with a friend. now that things have fallen all aprt she is calling me day after day after day to talk about nothing. When she was doing well she didnt want me in her house or barely called me. When she talks now she is depressed and about what she is trying to do. She has been doing this off and on my whole life. she only cares about her problems and/or will not admit to her part in something falling apart.
I tell her I'm stressed about my situation and she is not listening she just brings it back to her. I am like man. I stoped taking her calls. Sometimes she will call 4xs a day. I know she may think something is wrong but not like she got a way down here, she can't send money, nothing to really help me out. the few times she did "help" me I had to pay for it. Like she came out to help me I would have to pay for all the gas, all the other stuff, and all her gas going home. You know she grown and still bumming off of me.

I just hate to see her calling me (in a way) because I know it is nothing positive. To switch it up she ask how my son is but I don't really like her doing a whole lot with him. it's like I rather him have no grandma than my mom. I know it amy sound mean but my mother has never been there for me like that. She blamed me for a lot of her problems, her negativity messes with me know cause have no support. We live in the same state but she wasnt with me when I had my son. She told my sister she didnt belive me. I told her that really hurt me that you, my mo, wasn't there for me when I had my son. All she could say ell God was there. ....... Like she just can't accept that she was wrong.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 7:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• You know what my family is really small and we can not get a long. there is so much gossip and bs I moved away. it's only my mother,1 aunt and 2 uncles. Both unles are rarely around so it is just my mom and aunt and I gets no love, support, encourgement from them. I find it crazy that my super small family can not form a closer bond.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• YOu are not alone. My mom is quiet as bad but she isn't there for me either. I would do what you are doing distance yourself. And you might benefit for some consoling just to give you some ways to deal with them when you need, and how to set better boundaries with them, so they don't bring you down. And build a good support network of your own, so you will have people to support and be there for You and you son. GL
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Are you sure you aren't somehow my DF's long-lost sister? Because it sounds like you're talking about his mother. I know it sucks, doll, but stay strong. If your mom is as much like my future monster-in-law as she sounds, nothing you do or say will get through. We still try, of course.. "Mom, we wouldn't mind if you called to vent if you called sometimes just to say hi. When we call you, you don't want to talk, but you expect us to sit and listen while you do? We love you, but it's unfair to us that we only hear from you when something's wrong." Then she usually starts yelling (usually something along the lines of ungrateful bastard, blah blah blah), and we say again that we love her, & hang up. I hope you can find a better solution than that! Huge hugs & good thoughts from me to you!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• OMG you both understand me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can just die a happy pig now LMAO Yeah I'm working on setting the boundries and building a really strong support system for me and my son. I know God is good and putting it in his hands. Thank you gals for your input. I am not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) x0x0x0x
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2010