What do I do about my 3.5 month old teething?

She is so cranky and she isn't eating solids yet. Every one always told me frozen peaches. I understand it is hurting her but the only thing I can do is give her tylenol. But I do not want to give her tylenol, it is not my parenting style to give my kids meds unless they need them. So what should I do?

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 7:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you breastfeeding? DS always found that the most comforting. I think I even called in sick to work one day to stay home and nurse him. LOL. Hylands makes an all natural teething tablet. Fennel root is good to chew on and has some numbing properties. Frozen washcloths. Rubber spatula? if you take the stick handle out and let her chew on the actual spatula part. Your fingers, anything she can chew on. We really liked the Hylands teething tablets.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would give Tylenol at sleeping time, to reduce the crankiness for being tired. When my oldest was that age she was teething too. She started taking a pacifier then because it felt good to bite it with her gums. There are also soft, light stuffed animals with teething hands and feet. Gerber makes a learning spoon, that makes a great teether for those back hard to reach teeth. There are little bags you can put frozen bits in to suck and munch without getting chokable pieces out. Also a very cold wash cloth, get one corner wet stick it in the freezer for a little while and then see what she thinks of it. If you are breastfeeding your endorphins will help her as well.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010