what does this mean?

I went to vegas after turning 18 and had fun. I did not do so well at my job and had to come back home. B4 I left I was at my aunts house so i went back there. After coming back I was playing a computer game and happened to see a letter my aunt wrote to herself saying how that when I came back from Vegas I had nothing to show for it.
I do not know what she means by this. Like is she saying I did nothave tons of money? I did not have tons of gifts?

I asked her one time about it she doesn't rembmer it but says it was probally a vent letter to her self. Either way I read it and it made me question our relationship. I really do not know what that means. I am young so does a mature person know what that means?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 7:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• She probably had an idea of what she would have if she had your opportunity. Unfortunately, some people think material things equals success. I am sure your experience was a lesson in life and you came back with much wisdom from the trip. I think that's rich enough.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Sounds like she was expecting you to come back with either money or some type of skills. Maybe even a husband so that you will get out of her house. Well, that's what it sounds like to me, but then, my family turned their backs on me for standing up to my husband's ex-wife so I'm jaded.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 8:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't understand the question?
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 8:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• You happened to see a letter that didn't belong to you and you read it. That's a choice. Then you didn't like what you read. So? Your Aunt is entitled to her opinion. It sounds like she was very gracious when you confronted her, after invading her privacy. And, as you said you didn't do so well at your job and had to come back home, it does sound like you have nothing to show for your time in Vegas. What is it that you feel that you have to show for your time, investment, and efforts?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think that it said you did not gain anything there. No real future. I am sure you gained experience, but she does not feel that it was a valuable use of time for you. You may agree or disagree. I do not think that it means you bringing anything back.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• oh that sucks she was thinking I was comming back with money or something. And if I was why would I give it to her??? lol I enjoyed my time away. I as the first one in the family to travel anywhere and got to experince a different lifestyle. I do not look back on my job as a nanny...thats all I was doing lol.....as a wonderful thing. I made some really good friends :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• well, first of all you know you shouldn't be snooping around lol. and i'm assuming that you mean it was a journal sort of thing (which imo makes it twice as bad that you were reading something that was supposed to be very private). but anyway, you said in your question that basically you went to vegas, failed and came back to live with your aunt. what do you have to show for it? i am positive she was not disappointed you didn't bring her a snowglobe lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think what she meant was that you didn't gain anything from your experience in Vegas, and that it may have been a waste of your time. either way it's her opinion. I would just let it go. It seems she has.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If i had to guess..i would think she means material things....No more than what you have said.....I'am not sure it's a bad thing maybe she just thought you would make good money....either way...open communication is key good luck!!
    Jayk77

Answer by Jayk77 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• well yeah I was only there for like a month. the lady I worked for did not do a good job of explaing my job details for me. Like I did not know she expected me to do all the laundry. No clue. But besides that she just said it was a good lesson for me but maybe I was to young for the job. I had to watch two kids. My replacement was an older person. I dont feel bad I was 18, never been anywhere, and it was like have fun and do my job but hey :) It was all good for me. I had my last pay and got home (boss paided). I could have been like the other European girls and went to school but I was only there for a month. I went on to do better things. Even visted the family I felt. She gave me an opportunity no one I knew would have ever had.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2010