What are the chances?

On November 19th ill be EXACTLY 18 weeks pregnant and thats the day i get my ultra sound to see if im having a boy or girl.
I have to drink 4 8Liters of water and stop drinking it at 12 and go to my appointment at 1.

I know most people find out the gender at about 20 weeks but mine was scheduled for me.

I wanted to know, is there a good chance ill find out if its a boy or girl?
and also, if they cant tell at 18 weeks am i allowed to schedule an ultra sound for 2 weeks later when im at 20 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• All of my US were at 18 weeks and I was able to find out the sex. Now for another US, can be scheduled but more than likely your insurance won't cover it to just find out the sex.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• youll find out, i found out at 18 weeks and 4 days. i know some women that have found out at 16 weeks. :) good luck.
    and have fun holding that water.. it sucks LOL make sure you dont hit any speed bumps and make sure you dont laugh either :)

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• oh god! theres alot of bumps on the way to the hospital...i dont see why insurance wont cover my ultra sound a second time. I have barely any money...an ultra sound is prolly like 300 dollars...

im gonna drink A TON of water..im hoping i can hold that amount of water in...i have trouble holding a large spoonful of pee! lol xD
    Anonymous

• Your insurance would cover a second US if it was necessary. Finding out the sex of your child is not considered necessary.
    Anonymous

• Because it's not a medical reason to find out the sex. Check with your OB usually they even have this posted in the office.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My insurance covered my ultrasounds even though one wasnt needed anon.

Anonymous

• You must have killer insurance then or they lied on the claim as to why you had it.
    Anonymous

• Yeah most insurances don't cover it but your should be able to find out. 18 weeks is far enough along to know!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• thank god!
    im so excited!
    i think im going to try and drink more water than i need just so they get a 100% clear picture! i cant waaaiiiiiiitttttt!!!

my SO and i are still waiting on thinking about names until we know the gender!
    Anonymous