Did your SO ever say he doesn't believe in marriage? Are you married now or are you planning to be married?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• My SO told me when we first got together that he didn't believe in marriage b/c he didn't need a piece of paper telling him, who he wanted to be with for the rest of his existence; however, he has asked me to marry him twice now. The only reason we haven't is because I haven't said yes yet. Don't get me wrong I love him deeply, I just want to wait a little longfer.
    TinyDancer13

Answer by TinyDancer13 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• DH and I just married in August. We dated for 3 years and were engaged 1 year. He never said he didn't believe in marriage. In fact, it wasn't that long after we met that he told me he could see himself settling down with me and getting married in the near future. He said he fell in love with me the first week! aw. :)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my father has said that. And nope he's never remarried, HOWEVER he's been with his SO for over 15 years. so hey who needs the paper that is a marriage as far as I'm concerned.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My SO told me he had never been wih someone he wanted to marry before he met me. We arent married yet, its by choice. I wanted to wait. The way I see it, if we are going to be together forever, there is no need to run off and do it. We will do it at some point, but I dont need the paper right now.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• eh...my SO and i both have similar views on marriage...neither of us think its necessary. it might be something we do in the future but theres certainly no rush. actually, i would only be hurting myself to marry him now because i would lose my medicaid and disability (im battling cancer) and that would be devastating! i think we may get married some day because a marriage makes your relationship more respected by others alot of the time. we've been together for 4 yrs now and have been through more than many couples i have known for decades, so i know we're stuck with eachother for life with or without a legal contract.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My husband was 39 when we married and he tells me he was waiting for me. Not that he didn't believe in marriage, just had never found the right person.

Answer by missanc at 9:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• He did sort of say that when we first started dating. But that is because his ex wife screwed him over so bad. But he changed his mind and we are married now and very happy.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• no my SO never said that... to me and we are married now going on 3 years... not easy but worth everything...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 3:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2010