Is there anyone in your life who needs an intervention?

I don't have any in mine, so I'm just curious. Are you trying to figure out how to plan one? Does the A&E show "Intervention" help you with ideas?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Health

• To an intervention properly, it has to be done by a professional that has experience doing interventions. A good intervention actually takes about 6 weeks to plan out and carry out. The people who want to do the intervention have to be willing to WALK AWAY if the person needing the intervention doesn't cooperate. The person needing the intervention has to WANT the help. If he/she doesn't want the help, the intervention will not work.

But to answer the question, YES, my brother needs an intervention before he dies!! He may have Leukemia and because he is an alcoholic, the oncologist can't do anymore testing because the alcohol alters the blood count levels. The oncologist is willing to help my brother get clean but my brother is afraid because he went through withdrawl twice. The oncologist is a recovering alcoholic himself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i could name several people...2 actually did get an intervention recently (1 of them on thanksgiving), so we shall see the results of that...
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• there were, but they have all drank themselves to death. there is nobody right now.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my cousin needs one badly. he has a 3 month old son.. beats the mother of his kid and is on coke. his immediate family (mother/father/brothers) are ignoring it. its horrible.
    Panic.Switch

Answer by Panic.Switch at 8:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No, thank goodness.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• There is a psychotic lady in the April 2011 babies group who could really use an intervention. Other than that, no, I don't surround myself with unstable friends. I used to be a magnet for needy and unstable people until I realized they were using me, and I was enabling their behaviour. Now I tell them I'll support them as they seek professional help.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010