what would you do

my SO lets me go out on fridays with the girls....as long as i don't drink and drive....well
this friday i did....i had 2 drinks.......but by the time i was ready to go home i was sober....but he is still mad at me..... what would you do or say

witchymomslove

Asked by witchymomslove at 8:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• He just wants you to be safe. Just let him know you won't do it again, (if you plan not to.)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Good for him. And don't even bother saying "I'm not affected by 2 drinks". That's absurd. How dare you choose to drink and drive and endanger the lives of others? My husband was KILLED by some jackass who chose to get behind the wheel and drive while impaired.

What would I do? I sure as hell wouldn't have done that! As far as what can you do to "fix it"? I wouldn't think you can - he has every right to be angry. Probably the best thing you can do is to NOT DO IT AGAIN.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• well, how long was it that you had stopped drinking before you left? and what were you drinking? they have calculators based on your weight, how much liquor, how long to wait before you're sober. you could prove it to him like that. but it's a long time. if you're not in the clear according to that i would tell him that you'll take a taxi next time to and back again, or you and your friends can have a designated driver.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Wow. Scary. And irresponsible.
    jinxandjoy

Answer by jinxandjoy at 8:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Trying to "prove" something to him would only prove that you don't understand the choice you made. Own your behavior and your choice, and face the consequences. He's right to be angry and upset.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• He has a right to be mad.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 8:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Your children could have ended up without a mother. Worse yet, someone else's children could have ended up without a mother or a father.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• He is right to be mad. It was great of him to give you Friday nights out with your girlfriends and not driving drunk wasn't much to ask. You betrayed his trust by driving drunk. And yes 2 beers will impair you even if you are legally not over the limit. The best thing you can do is apologize for betraying his trust and working that you can repair it over time.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 8:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't even care that you betrayed his trust - which you did.
    And I don't care that you endangered yourself, not one bit.
    You endangered OTHERS.
    And that, I have a problem with.
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 8:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i going to get attacked for this, but i seriously doubt that 2 drinks impaired a regular drinker. wether your hubby has a right to be mad or not depends on wether you agreed not to drive drunk or not to drive after drinking at all. my SO wont let me drive if i've had several drinks, even if i can pass a sobriety test, but he wouldnt have a problem with me driving after 2 drinks...especially if i waited a while after the drinks to drive home. if you agreed not to after any drinking, then you broke your word to him and thats wrong...but i do think hems going a bit overboard about freaking out about you driving after 2 drinks unless you have a history of being a serious lightweight.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2010