My son will not poop!!!! adult content

He will hold it until its painful. So painful he can hardly walk. So when I finally get him to sit down to go, he is so upset he won't go. I have given him a light laxative. And I sit with him everytime. I just don't know what else to do to help. My son is 5 by the way.

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• BUMP
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My sister's son was the same way. They had to give him periodic inemas. I dont really have any advice for you, but you arent alone.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have called the doctor they told not to bring him in and suggested the laxative. Told me there was nothing they can really do.
    JrSmOm2005

Comment by JrSmOm2005 (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would bribe him. My youngest had control issues and a bag of M&M's worked. She got one every time she went with all the steps. I would just keep low key, but find the right carrot.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Believe me on this Devilinpigtails I am looking for that carrot. I have yet to find the golden one yet.
    JrSmOm2005

Comment by JrSmOm2005 (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• insist with the doctors that they see him. It could be something medical. My cousin thought her son was just holding it in because of control issues (she and her husband had just split up and it hit her little boy hard, who is 11 by the way). When she took him to the doctor (who did the same thing yours did) and insisted that they make sure there was nothing wrong with her son they found out that his intestines had become constircted and twisted and he needed surgury to correct it. Don't know how that happened, but he had his surgury and is being followed once a month by the doctor to make sure it doesn't happen again. He was so backed up he had fecal matter all the way up to his stomach, he wasn't eating because his body couldn't process the food.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• This a good time to bribe. Go get cheap little toys and when he poops he can have one. Works great!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My nephew was same way. Was potty trained right away but would only poop in his diapers. Would hold it all day if he had big boy undies on. Must just be a phase. One day he just went and that was the end of it!
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2010