how bad is it to get pregnant 4 months after just having a baby?

i think i might be pregnant we were using condoms but one night it came off and we didnt know right away so im wondering.

EdensJezebelle

Asked by EdensJezebelle at 8:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It happened too me also with a faulty condom and I was pregnant when my first was 2 months old!!!!! it wasn't that bad!!!!

Answer by older at 8:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Well, my son was 7 months old, and I will say honestly, it wasn't easy. But my youngest is almost 2 now, and it's getting easier. It was hard towards the end dealing with a toddler, but we got through.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I had my son, and at my six week check up I was pregnant.
    So I had my daughter, and then when she was around 3 months, I got pregnant again (was using Mirena).

So now I'm due April 25, oh, and did I mention I have a 3 yr old?

You'll be fine.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i mean it's not the end of the world....you're won't be the first nor the last lol. just take it easy and test when your period is supposed to come. but they do have spermacide in the condoms....i know that's not 100% effective but it does decrease the chances a little.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Well it's not good for your body since you haven' had time to fully recover from the last one and it will keep you busy in those early years and personally I don't think it is fair to plan to do this to the first child since they are only little for a short time and I feel they should get that time and not have to share it, but people do it all the time and it works out just fine. Heck people have multiples (twins etc.) and they are fine.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It's not that bad. My first 3 kids were each a year apart (got pregnant when they were 6 months and 4 months old). They are 15 months and 13 months apart. the pregnancies themselves were a piece of cake but I was more tired than normal since I was also caring for a baby/toddler. They are 10, 9 and 8 now and best of friends.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I got pregnant 3 months after giving birth. Baby was healthy but it was tough and breastfeeding was a nightmare. At one point I was breastfeeding them both. That didnt last long I couldnt take it. On the bright side they are 4 and 3 now and are super close.
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 8:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Good luck mamma. My nerves couldn't handle it. But then again it shouldn't be much different then moms having multiples... right?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• this lady had gotten preg when her baby was 1 month old. that's worse. the main thing i would worry about in that situation is if your baby can heal and recover after having a back to back baby cuz you body never had a chance to heal after the first one. it is kind of a scary situation, IMO. good luck dealing with 2 babies in the next year.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I don't think it is bad! You do need some time for your body to heal, but plenty of people have done it. I was honestly going to ask the same question! I had my baby in July prematurely, and he didn't make it. But I was only 15 weeks. Then we found out in October that I was pregnant again! So it's only been 3 months for me! But I didn't get to experience a full term pregnancy. So far things are going fine! Good luck to you! I am sure you would just be extra tired, and tell us if you find out 100% that you are pregnant!
    KirraZombie

Answer by KirraZombie at 1:56 AM on Dec. 7, 2010