Ever used Mirena for birth control?

Just wanted to hear from thos who have used it.....pros and cons? Does it hurt to have it put in?

MammaCroft

Asked by MammaCroft at 1:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Health

• It didn't hurt to put it in, just felt like cramps. Take some Aleeve before you go, you'll be fine. Other than that I haven't had any "problems" with mine. I have gained A LOT of weight. I couldn't feel my strings but my Dr. said they had curled up and were laying on my cervix. I am not sure if that happens a lot, but she said it wasn't a big deal. Good luck!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 2:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I had quite a bit of pain having it inserted but I think that may be from the scar tissue I have from giving birth. I had some mild cramps for a day or so, I bled for 3-4 days, a bit of bloating, then nothing. After a week I felt great. I can't find my stings; however, I did ask them to cut them short for my husbands sake. I will have them check that when I go for my check up. I haven't gained any weight (cross my fingers). If you decide to use this, I would encourage you to take motrin before hand.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 6:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i had one to and it hurt to have it put in but nothing like contractions. also the strings get softer and do curl up. i hated it. i had severe mood swings and never had a period, which was nice, but had constant cramps.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 7:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2008