What do you guys think of certain shots and immunizations for our kids?

Alot of them are given too young, if safe to be given at all.. We don't want our kids to get sick but at the same time many have been known to cause problems such as Autism! It's terrible! .. What do you guys think?

HerbalMomWhit

Asked by HerbalMomWhit at 8:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I think there is nothing supporting the autism shot.

Also, I'm so happy I got my kids vaccinated in October. I have whooping cough, and they don't . It's horrible, and scary, and I couln't imagine doing this with three kids too.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• there are no studies to support your view that immunizations cause autism.....actually there are studies that show there is no link. so i'm not buying it and i get my children immunized...that's what i think.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Well, I don't know which ones you have read about that might have been causing autism, the studies I've read have discounted all those claims and the meds that were accused went back through testing just to be sure.
    I DO know that without immunizations, diseases that once killed out children will come back with a vengence and kill once again, and if your child is being immunized too young you can download a chart to let you know when your child is supposed to get the immunizations and then make sure your pediatrician is following those guidelines. If he/she isn't then go to another doctor. Every single one of my kids have gotten their shots when they were supposed to and have only suffered from colds (except for the time when my youngest two got the croup, but that was becuase they were exposed to it in daycare and there's no treatment or medication for that.)
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• first off I don't think shots cause autism I think they are born with that and the second one is I have gotten every single shot for my kids I want them to be pretected of whatever possible. I also get them the flu shots and have since 6 months old. I am not trying to be smart when I say this so don't take it the wrong way.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My DD has gotten all her immunizations on time. But my HUbby has gotten sick with the flu and DD hasn't. SHe hasn't even had the chicken pox.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Good to know that side of the story.. but even my own cousin and niece have experienced this.. =(
    They begin hitting all their milesstones until vertain shots, then it shows regression , then Diagnosis of Autism...
    I suppose i will just do more research to see if it's CERTAIN People that this affects more so than others.. Thanks guys.
    HerbalMomWhit

Comment by HerbalMomWhit (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I've always been back and forth about these type of discussions. I've decided to get my son all of his immunizations at the time that their called for. I don't fault anyone for their decisions on choosing not to take part in vaccination or the studies being found linking the shots to autism. I think all children react to immunizations differently. I wonder will we ever have all the answers we're searching for... who knows...
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• http://www.thinktwice.com/autism.htm
    HerbalMomWhit

Comment by HerbalMomWhit (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• join the non vax group on here! they are amazing!! we dont vax at all and my dd is 10 months an happy and healthy! do ur research and go with ur gut! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Anyone can find a website or link supporting their views.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010