How Can I get my 4 year old to go poo poo on the potty?

My son is 4 years old and he will go pee pee in the potty but when it comes to poo poo he will not go on the potty. I have tried to be his friend and just talk to him, Rewards, everything. He will start school next year I need him to go poo poo for me on the potty. PLEASE HELP

ladybug1987

Asked by ladybug1987 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When you change his poopoo diapers, take the diaper into the bathroom, and drop the poopoo into the toilet. Take him with you. Let him know that is where the poopoo goes. After you're done explaining that to him, let him flush the potty and reward him for listening and hopefully he will understand that. :)

Worked for a friend of mine, I never had trouble with poopoo with my son though. Good luck.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Thank You so much I will try that
    ladybug1987

Comment by ladybug1987 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Welcome. :)
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I told my son that he wasn't a big boy becuase he wouldn't go poo poo in the potty. It all depends on the boy though, some boys aren't fully potty-trained until they are 5 years old.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would think at 4 it would be more of a stubborness/displine issue than a potty traing training one. Explain to him what he should do and then put a pair of underwear on him. If he poops himself use whatever consequence you are comfortable with.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• pee pee? poo poo? lol
    Anonymous