how do i reply when my son says his we we is bothering him? adult content

he is 3, he just got potty trained and is wearin underwear to bed for the past week now.

deturmined83

Asked by deturmined83 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ummm.... you should look at it and see what's wrong with it!
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 9:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Does he say what's wrong? Burning, itching, just feeling funny? Maybe find out what "bothering him" means and maybe make a Dr. appointment.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• find out what he means by "bothing him". make sure its not red or irriated. if he says its burning or itchy then you may want to see a dr.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• well, i don't think it's a good idea to wear underwear to bed....i mean grown ups don't so why should kids lol. i would just look and see if i can see a problem....it might be what kind of undies he has (are they briefs?) and they might be rubbing him the wrong way or how he's sleeping making a seam rub on it. but definately check it out and let him air out at bedtime (well, jammies of course, but no undies)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Ew! Grownups don't wear underwear to bed? I do, sorry. I think it's gross not to!
    Anonymous

• um, I don't know about anyone else, but my husband and I both wear underwear to bed, and conseqently, so do our kids.
    OP, my suggestion would be to see a doctor, could be that he has some irritation under the foreskin (if he's not circumcised) or around the head of his penis if he is. Or he could have a UTI. All are valid reasons for "bothering me" claims and can be fixed with simple antibiotics or cream.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i don't think it's a good idea to wear underwear to bed....i mean grown ups don't so why should kids
    ***
    Um, scuse me? I wear underwear to bed, my DH wears underwear to bed, you're making a huge ASSumption with that one! I will never let my kids go to bed without underwear either - granted, if something comes up and the doc says they'd be better sleeping without it that would be a different story, but no, not otherwise.

OP - if nothing else seems wrong, if he starts getting feverish, if he vomits for no apparent reason, take him in to be checked for a UTI. I think it's pretty normal for little boys to have issues shortly after potty training though, it's a new sensation they have to get used to.
    Anonymous

• Check and see if there is any redness on his penis. Ask him how it feels when he pees. He could have an infection.

BTW, my son rarely wore underware and still rarely wears underware at 14 years old. He is more comfortable without them. His doctor said there is NO medical reason to wear underware. It's a comfort thing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Have you looked at it?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• ok thanks ladies... i did look at it and it wasnt red or anything...when my bf got up for work i had him talk to him... my 3yr old son said that it keeps gettin big and then goes normal..he said thats why its bothering him.. im sorry but i dont kno how to take that..i didnt think id have to talk or even think bout talking about that subject til he was closer to a teenager...
    im not sure if thats what he really ment by it bothering him... he did just get over the stomache bug, and was having diarreah alot... he hasnt said anything about his penis since then.. thanks again ladies
    deturmined83

Comment by deturmined83 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2010