Birth Control... did it destroy me?

hey ladies. I am Meghan and I am 19. Me and my husband had our son Toby on June 30, 2009 and a few weeks later the doctor inserted the copper iud... well i am now anemic from how much i bled with it and so they put me on the depo shot which stopped my period for 2 months and then i bled for a whole 15 days. My first and last shot was on August 18, 2010. i got my period on the 1st of october and i havent had one sence. and today is the 5th of december. I have takin 6 pregnancy tests and 5 said negative and 1 was unreadable. I dont know what to do. I am really scared about this. and i need help. if anyone knows what to do please feel free to email me back. thank you for reading this

meghan

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Prayers for you, hun. IUDs are barbaric. Look into NaPro Technology. Not only is it natural, it's more effective than an IUD.

In my thoughts and prayers :)
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Its normal not to get periods when on depo. That's part of its charm is that it will stop periods - sometimes for even a couple months after you quit getting it. Do you still have the IUD? If so, it sounds like you are set. :) You have long acting Birth control in place, and your bleeding stopped. If you had you IUD removed, then you need to get on another form of birth conrol or you may get pregnant again.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Thank you SamKJones. I have been freaking out like crazy. no period.. throwing up alot... weight gain... milk gland things are BURNING like crazy. but all tests say negative. im scared.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• the iud caused so many problems and it turned side ways. the doc removed it and forced me to go on the depo. told me i would be safe. then i was sent to the hospital 3 times with bad clotting and bleeding.. the last time my uterus was closed and i passed a giant chunk of tissue and blood.. they said that was normal. i dont see how it is normal. and i dont know what the best birth control is. i cant take pills. the shot is a nono and the iud messed me up. im allergic to condoms both latex and nonlatex. and they dont want me on the patches due to cysts in my family. any suggestions
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I am on implanon and really happy with it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Hope you feel better soon. Get that piece of ancient torture out of your body! You deserve better :)

Love and hugs.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 12:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010