how would you feel....

if someone is watching your kids for you, like a family member, and your kids come home singing this horrible song you know that family member listens to constantly
example: my younger sister watches my son, he's 5, i know he doesnt know any better and doesnt know the meaning to the songs but when where walking around stores he sings this god awful song, i have no idea what it is, iv asked my sister about it and she says she's never played that song around him because her fiances daughter lives with them also, but i dont know where my son would be getting it from because i know my sister listens to music like that, she says she plays her Japanese anime music when her step daughter and my sin are around...i just have a hard time believing that

so what would you do or how would you feel about something like this happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, just tell him not to sing it. I guess if it's not innapropriate I really wouldn't care. And if it is, I'd politely ask my childs host next time to keep the music g rated and why.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My two year old all of a sudden started swearing. She said b**** the other day. And when she gets hurt she says s***. I've asked my daycare provider if they swear and she said no. Also says shut-up which is not to be said in my household. Couldn't even say crap when we were growing up! My daughter doesn;t understand and don't know how to get her to stop. So I understand where you are coming from. Specially with everyone denying that they say the words or play the bad music. Keep digging. You'll get to the bottom of it. ( I think all of my daughters lovely phrases are coming from her dad, my ex-husband)
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't like it if there were a bunch of adult-rated bits to it. I would give the babysitter some music that your child can listen to. If it is just annoying, you could always start singing another song for him so that he got that stuck in his brain instead.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2010