How do you feel about your post-baby body?

I had my baby almost 5 months ago. I'm finding it really difficult to cope with the changes in my body. The saggy boobs, the soft tummy, the stretch marks. I feel ugly and I'm only 23. I do work out but not as often as I could. I'm pretty much back at my pre-baby weight which is 118 but my body has changed so much. Anyone else feeling down about this?

Also, can it get any better after more time? Is 5 months not giving myself enough time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hate my body now. Hubby still says I'm as sexy as ever, which I have a hard time believing. I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable with myself again. *Sigh
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• you just need to tone. and yes, you're not giving it enough time. i was back to 'normal' at 6 months....i would say at least 6 months. and be aware that you will not look exactly the same as pre-baby. all you can do about that is accept it. i know it's hard, but you have to be realistic and aim to look the best you can, not exactly the same as before the baby.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Omg girl you are not alone i find myself not attractive anymore and its been a year and seven months since i had my little girl but i still find it hard to get my body back to where it was before i got pregnant my pre pregnancy weight was 120 and i currently weigh 123.4 but i still dont look the way i did before my skin is hanging its not really tightening up i have stretch marks that dont seem to go away but hey what can we do surgery is out of the question for sure i also work out everyday 30 minutes to an hour ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Blah. I am near my pre pregnancy weight but not my pre pregnancy tone.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Do not be hard on yourself. I didn't lose most of the weight till recently and my son is 15 months old and I breastfed for 13 of those and no you don't lose all the weight from bfing what a myth. Toning up comes later on.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Five months is nothing hun, don't start stressing yourself out about it yet. Everyone always told me, 9 months on, at least 9 months off. I had my daughter when I was 18 (turned 19 a week later), so I feel for you about the sagginess and stuff. I had JUST hit my goal size/weight when I found out I was pregnant. I've struggled with body issues my entire life, so the shock of my post baby body was horrible. I was suicidal over it for a while. Now, my daughter is 2 and I haven't lost it all (mostly because of the struggles I had with birth control after my daughter was born), but I'm smaller and more toned than I was. I still have some work to do, but I don't want to die every time I see my naked body now. Things will get better hun, it just takes time. Hang in there!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I've been looking at plastic surgery websites just for fun these days. The hope of maybe getting my body or a new body is the only thing that gets me smiling.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I was just thinking about this earlier today.
    I love it!!

I need to lose almost 70 pounds to get back to where I was...
    But all my youth appearance were priority (pushed into modeling) and I hated that.
    Now at almost 40 and not at a healthy weight, I love it!! ;-P
    Yah, I need to become more healthy, but this is so great--

I am enjoying this for now anyway.

I miss my cool clothes though.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I meant: "40 years," btw.
    I am older.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2010