Has your family been effected by the economy?

Mine has been pretty bad, never thought I would be next after my husband but guess it's life. The way our government is dosn't look like anything is getting better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• sadly, yes. My husband's job took a big hit. We've been having financial issues, which have let to emotional issues between us. We have tried not to let it get to us, but it does. He feels like a failure and it's not his fault. *sigh*
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• not really.... i know alot of people who got laid off but they found work pretty quickly and in most cases it was a better job than the one they got laid off from.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• yeah :( it sucks but we are making it.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• As a single mom, trying to go back to school and work, this economy is killing me. There aren't any part-time jobs in my area because everyone is trying to get one and I can't work full time because of school and my son's school schedule. It is hard but we still have a roof over our head so I try not to complain.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No we are truly blessed, Hubby has a great job and we are doing OK. However we are not spending as much as we once did, we are putting more into savings because u never know what tomorrow will bring.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes I am struggling badly.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 5:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My husband and I own a service company, and our business has slowed down quite a bit. People just aren't wanting to spend that money right now. We're still keeping our heads above the water, but it's quite a change from about 3 years ago when we had so much business that our biggest problem was trying to find decent employees to hire to handle it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:17 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We are actually doing pretty well. We own a carpet cleaning business and our rates are generaly cheaper than the big name steam cleaners out there....we use a low moisture method and our equipment doesn't need constant repair like truck mount systems. So, we have less overhead and about 90% of a job is profit. And most people can't afford new carpets so cleaning what they have is the best option for them.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I just saw on CNN the chairman for the federal reserve was saying in like 3 years unemployment should get back to 5%. The economy does make it hard for me to get a job in my area. But also my area is not a good place and has very few resources so mine is kinda a local economy thing rather than national. I have to move back acroos 8mile to get a job and more resources t help me.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 1:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• We have, but not too badly.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010