My hubby has been emailing his ex wife?

so i just looked at my hubby's email since he gave me the password ages ago, i thought i might just look since he was emailing his ex wife at this time last year. they have been talking like once a month since march! he never says anything in them that makes me think he still loves he or anything. i think he is just worried about her kids! they were together for 2 years and have been divorced 3years and her kids called him dad! but she always signs her emails with his last name as hers! it bothers me! one of the emails he asked for his wedding ring back? kinda pissed me off! we havent bought rings since we cant afford them right now since we have our dd she is 10 months old! i didnt know he wanted a ring that bad! and i sure as hell dont want him wearing a ring she gave him!! wat bothers me is that im not allowed to talk to any of my ex's i had to change my phone number when we got married!! would u say something to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Just watch it, but don't read too much into it. He is probably attached to the kids, and the kids him. But I see the point about the exes. Why not just talk to him about it and get his answer straight from the horses mouth. Do go at it in a manner that will make him defensive. Just tell him you were curious. He DID give you his email password.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• maybe he wants the ring so he can sell it
    And really, did she change her last name? I kept my ex husband's name until I remarried.
    And he sounds like a very caring guy that he asks her about her kids. It's hard to leave step children behind when you loved them. I ask my ex about my former step children.
    You didn't see any red flags in the email, I'd just let it go.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't want him wearing that ring either, I would def say something about that. As for the e-mailing in general, I don't know. If he is only asking about how the kids are doing, it probably wouldn't bother me. The fact that he lets you have no contact with your exs would piss me off. If you can't then he can't. As for the last name, I still have my ex's last name but that is because of our son. Let him know how you feel about him contacting her and def let him know that even if he gets that ring back he better not be wearing it!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i agree with layh....he wants the ring to sell it. it might not even be to buy a new ring....maybe he just wants some extra money for christmas. the last name thing wouldn't bother me. i mean is she supposed to go back to her maiden name? that wouldn't bother me at all. it sounds to me like you didn't find anything bad....
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010